Thursday 11 December 2008

Photograph ideas - more to be added.

As the nature of my band is that they are a completely different and individual band, i have been thinking of many ideas which will help me post across this point.

Idea number one;
Firstly, what i wanted to symbolise is that the band are not clones of anyone else, especially with their musical stylings.
So, I shall have the bands posing with halloween style masks, yet, they will not be wearing them, it will have to look like they have just pulled off their mask, as a symbol of revealing themselves as a individual band.
The background of the picture will be of the following;
My friends practise room with featuring a drum kit which I'm in saving for the double page spread and the interview where i will have photos of them sat on sofas etc.
A natural background, in the wilderness, which symbolises there choose to do something different and be completely in the wilderness by creating a new genre.

Whatever the idea, I will take many shots of the band. In either of the following poses and types of shot.
Poses;
Other than taking off their masks I will have to position the band so that, firstly, the bands poses will look natural. If i go with the wilderness shot, i will probably take the photograph with members in a tree, whilst, hopefully, the rest of the band are crouched on boxes, with the possiblity of them around a campfire.

Shots;
I will probably take the wilderness with on a quite a close angle shot, most likely from either high canted angle.


Idea 2;

Sticking close to the theme of Accrington but also the wilderness, I could take various pictures around oak hill park, where the Accrington Pals monument is, and also through the gardens which is inside the park. I could possibly do this idea for my double page spread.
I have been thinking that i could have my band posing with their instruments in the park, possibly with the masks i had mentioned previously.
One main idea for this, is having the drummer practising on logs.

For the Front cover, i wanted to take a photograph of the band with the mask on top of the coppice park in Accrington. The backdrop of the photograph would be of the town, the shot would be taken from a high angle, but i would have to have a close up on the bands face. They would be posing whilst taking off their masks.


No comments: